Monday, November 22, 2010

Freelance work...

I guess you could call it that, I'm not really sure to be honest what this goes under.

I've been having a pretty crap week, so in the process of keeping myself distracted I decided I should update the blog. Tis the season...or becoming the season. Not that I'm looking forward to it, but I was asked to do a Christmas card from my sisters company in Scotland. Scottish and Wintery were the basic themes and while i did play around with the thought of an acrylic painting of a robin on a tartan scarf, I decided it probably wouldn't translate well as it was going to be an E-Card, and acrylic is hard to scan/photograph well. Plus getting the actual painting to my sister would've taken a while. So time wise and practicality wise a digital card worked out best.

So this is it, done rather quickly I might add. Contains the Scottish element - Edinburgh Castle. The Winter element - Snow, and I gave it an old classical look by giving it a sepia tone, and an old photo edge. The original photo was a lot longer so that was chopped down, and then there wasn't enough sky so I expanded that.
Simple text added in on top. and presto, instant card. Simple, but effective, least I like to think so =)



My Sister said she also likes the real old timey look too, so she was very happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment