Friday, September 17, 2010

Mural Update!

Two posts in two days? Crazy!

This post is an update on the mural, which due to various personal commitments (job, college etc) its taking forever....which is annoying me a lot. I wish I could finish it faster, for my friends sake.

Anywho! I have updated pictures on how everything's going. The room is starting to look great with all the colour added in. So far I have Simba, Bambi, Thumper and Jiminey completed! I'm working on Iago now, but i was getting tired and he was starting to turn out badly...or maybe I was just starting to drain (I had been painting for over 5 hours) so I decided to stop, and go back to him when my friend comes back from her holidays. She's been helping out too, painting flowers and the butterfly you'll see bellow ^_^ she also painted most of the green and blue in the background.



This is Jiminey, I wasn't too happy with him to begin with...but warming up to him now. He was one of the hardest to find colour referance for. he ranges from a mossy-beige (no other way to describe it) to pea green, like he kinda is here. The greener of the two is the colour of the character in the disney parks, so I figured I'd stick with that....

Next up is thumper, lost in this rather large photo, Very happy with how he turned out, nice blue/pinky/grey coat on him. He still needs some green filled in around him.



And lastly we have Bambi and Simba (who's looking at one of the butterflies my friend painted). Bambi is my favourite by far. I was so happy with how he turned out! It was really scary starting him after the bad luck with Jiminey, but it's amazing what happens if you add a pair of eyes to the characters, they just come alive.


Simbas face is a little off, he looks a lot younger than he should, but it kinda suits the whole baby godson thing. could also be his pose, being crouched down so much...hmmm... still, my godson loved it, even if Simba is being called "TIGGY!!!".

Anywho, that's all for now!

1 comment: