Monday, August 2, 2010

Creativity...

...is equally proportional to the depth of the pile.

That being said, I think it's generally a good idea to have some space to put something down, or something to lean on when using a scalpel (knee is not recommended).

I thought this'd be a good time to introduce my work space, small and jam packed but I know people would kill for a room of their own. I'm also grateful I'm not in a wooden shed out the back either.

Anywho, this is what my studio looked like before the tidy-up. And prob would look like about 70% of the time during college anyway...



There's a futon under some junk on the left, and a desk somewhere on the right... (black thing in foreground is my TV, cos my PS3 had to go SOMEWHERE).

And this is the room now! You can see the futon! and the desk! and the floor (very rare)! The lynx on the desk is gonna be taken apart for sculpey salvage. He was part of a 2nd yr project (the costume one) and never got finished. Lynx proportions, and general furry things are hard to sculpt when you're not used to it.



Here's also a picture of my shelves that still need major sorting



I suppose if they made everything arty square and stackable it'd be boring, so instead I play Tetris with my materials every few months to see if i can find a better fit. It also means things get shoved into pokey slots and holes too easily.

It's clean now for another lil while. I have space to actually do stuff, yay!

1 comment:

  1. Looks very very different to the Physics study it used to be!

    ReplyDelete